That time that I burned out and took 5 weeks off of work.
In the wake of The Great Resignation, people are focusing on their mental health, boundaries, and learning about burnout (sometimes the hard way) more than ever. In this episode, we dig into what burnout is, common misconceptions of burnout, my own burnout experience, how to manage your energy, and therapy.
- Mass burnout across industries
- Energy audits
- Energy management vs. time management
- Burnout and a less commonly known reason for it
- Leaves of absences (in Ontario)
- Podcast edited by Chris Enns at Lemon Productions
- “The Pandemic Has Created A New Kind Of Burnout, Which Makes Well-Being More Critical Than Ever” via Forbes
- Time vs. Energy Management via Medium
- Workplace burnout by Mayo Clinic
- Eisenhower Matrix
- Leave of Absence Laws in Ontario
- Disability related accommodation by the Ontario Humans Rights Commission
- Taking stress leave during the pandemic by Levitt Sheikh Law
- Stress leave and everything you need to know by Levitt Sheikh Law
- Note: May differ depending on your company as well.
- In the podcast, I call my leave “medical leave” because that’s what my employer and I call it but under the law it may be another thing.
Keep it candid,